The Adam Harlow Fellowship Fund (AHFF) pays for hockey registration fees for children within the KDMHA.
The Fund finances hockey registration fees for children that would not otherwise have the opportunity to play, or continue to play hockey.
Sponsorship is awarded on a first come, first served basis. All applicants must meet the requirements listed below in the “Application Process”.
The application process for sponsorship is as follows:
- The family/guardian applying for sponsorship is unable to afford the registration fees in the year they are applying for;
- The parent or guardian seeking sponsorship for their child(ren) must contact any member of the Adam Harlow Fellowship Fund (AHFF) Board of Directors to begin the process;
- The child(ren) must write a letter explaining why they want to play hockey. This letter must be at least three paragraphs in length;
- There is a firm parent/guardian commitment to take the child(ren) to all practices and games;
- The AHFF expects a certain amount of volunteer support from the parent/guardian for fundraising events;
- An acknowledgement that the AHFF cannot sponsor families with outstanding debt to the KDMHA (the AHFF does not pay outstanding debt);
- The AHFF may sponsor a child for two (2) consecutive years at 100% of the registration fees, should the applicant fulfill the criteria;
- The AHFF may support a child for a third (3rd) year at 50% of the registration fees; and
- After the 3rd sponsorship, if the criteria is met, and if funding is available, the AHFF will decide on further support on a per applicant basis.